Aaaahhh summer. Sun, sun, sun, lots of sun, sun and more sun.
Sadly, I’m likely to burst into flame if I spend too much time in direct sunlight.
Thank goodness for shade, AC*, hard apple cider and looooong summer reading lists.
Here’s what I recently crossed off my list:
- Stephen King’s The Shining (reread after more than twenty years)
- Barry Eisler’s Rain Storm (book three of his John Rain series…also known as Winner Take All)
- Tessa Gratton’s The Blood Keeper (book two of her Blood Journals series)
- Jim Butcher’s Storm Front (book one of his Dresden Files series)
- Stephen King’s Mr. Mercedes (book one of his Bill Hodges Trilogy)
- Michael Connelly’s 9 Dragons (book fourteen of his Harry Bosch series)
Here’s what’s still on the list:
- Barry Eisler’s A Clean Kill in Tokyo (book one of the John Rain series)
- James Rollins’ The 6th Extinction (book ten of his Sigma Force series) and The Bone Labyrinth (book eleven…out later this summer or fall)
- Tessa Gratton’s Blood Magic (book one of the Blood Journals series)
- George RR Martin’s Winds of Winter (really, really, really hoping it comes out this year)
- Jim Butcher’s Fool Moon and Grave Peril (books two and three of the Dresden Files…and every other Dresden Files book…I’m a latecomer to the series but I’d heard much fanfare and book one impressed me much)
- Stephen King’s Finders Keepers (book two of the Bill Hodges Trilogy)
- Jeff Lindsay’s Dexter’s Final Cut and Dexter is Dead (books seven and eight of the Dexter Morgan series)
- Emma Donoghue’s Room
*Prayers going out to all of those around the world suffering through intense heat waves.
What’s on your summer reading list and what are you most looking forward to reading? Have you caught any of the books on my list? What did you think?
book stack, mine