Adam at writet.wordpress.com kindly shared the Real Neat Blog Award with me. If you’re looking for great conversation on writing and book reviews, hop on over to Adam’s blog.
Now, on to this award business.
First, the rules for sharing the Real Neat Blog Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the folks who nominated you and provide links to their blogs.
- Answer the seven questions asked by your nominator(s).
- Nominate any number of other bloggers to share the award and give them some linky love.
- Notify the nominated folk.
- Ask your nominees seven questions of your own.
Next, Adam’s questions:
What is your favourite scene(s) from a book / movie / comic / any other media?
I could go on all day about favorite scenes, but I’ll pick just one: The scene in Stephen King’s The Gunslinger, where Roland must choose between letting his young friend Jake die or catching the Man in Black. Jake tells Roland “Go then, there are other worlds than these.” And Roland lets Jake fall to his death, a choice that will eat at his soul.
Which character (from any media) would you be best friends with?
Michonne from The Walking Dead. Especially in the zombie apocalypse.
What makes you feel strong, or strong in who you are?
My family. They’re endlessly supportive and encouraging.
Sure, we annoy each other sometimes. That’s part of the charm.
What are some of your favorite foods (excluding deserts/sweets)?
Tacos, curry, chicken and dumplings, pho…
He said some, so maybe I better stop. Food is another thing I could go on all day about.
If you could give your past-self one message, one sentence, what would that message be?
It’s worth it.
After writing, what is one of your deepest passions?
At the moment? Cello.
Would you rather have a party with dozens of friends, or an evening with your 2-3 closest?
2-3 closest. I’m an introvert, you know.
Answer me these questions seven:
- What is your favorite movie/tv/story genre and why?
- If you had to be stuck on a deserted island, which tv/movie/story character would you choose to be stuck with?
- In a zombie apocalypse, where would you head first?
- What have you always wanted to learn how to do but haven’t (yet)?
- What mythical creature would you want most for a pet?
- What silly little thing always makes you smile?
- If you could be anyone else for a week, who would it be?
And, now for the nominations:
No pressure to accept and share the award, by the way. But, if you do, please leave a link in the comments so I can check out your post.
18 thoughts on “That’s Just Neat”
Thanks Sonia! I will mention this in my next post!
You’re very welcome and thank you. 😀
Many of us bloggers are introverts. Congratulations!
That makes sense. Being online gives us the opportunity to socialize without the pressure being in a large group can sometimes bring.
Congratulations! & thank you so much for nominating me!
My pleasure. 😊
Congrats on the award, one that is in my opinion very much deserved. Even though I haven’t been following your blog for very long, I have so far really enjoyed reading your posts. Keep up,the great work, and thank you again for my nomination 😀
Thanks! And you’re welcome too. 😁
1. Science fiction. It has all the cool stuff like robots, aliens and time travel.
2. Barbarella 😉
3. To the harbor. I hear that being on a boat in the middle of the sea is the safest place.
4. Learn Japanese or how to play an instrument.
5. Unicorn. I could make serious money by taking it to Brony conventions.
6. Jiggling in anime. The way those things move is so hilariously unrealistic.
7. Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman.
😂 Excellent answers.
Great post Sonia! I enjoyed learning more about you here!
Whenever I’m at the gym heaving and panting I repeat that same message to myself: “It’s worth it” – lol, that could probably be due to the huge food obsession that I have as well!
Wow! You play the cello? That’s amazing. I’ve always wanted to play the violin but have never gotten around to it, life just seems to always be getting in the way!
I look forward to reading more from you in the future… Happy Blogging! 😀
When I’m exercising, I tell myself “Just one more,” over and over. Lol
I just started with the cello. I love it. You should definitely learn the violin. Learning an instrument as an adult is so rewarding. And the strings are my very favorite.
Haha – yes! And then when I get home, all self control goes out the window as I eat an entire package of chips ahoy cookies. 🙂
I’m definitely hoping to in the future, as soon as I can get my life together career-wise!
I’m a sucker for sweets, so I can empathize.