ROW80 Check In 5/2/12
These last two weeks have been pretty decent. I felt a little lost when I didn’t check in last week but I think I’ll adjust to an every other week check in quickly. In fact, I think the longer-term planning will help me both relax and up my productivity.
Where I’ve been since last check-in:
- Update ROW80 page: Yep.
- Open Scrivener file for Postcards (working title) novella and layout storyboard: *ahem* Not yet. But I have written tons of notes and outline points longhand.
- Keep up social media goals: Yes and no. I’m still struggling to check in more than once a day. I’m not going to brow-beat myself over it but I would like to figure out why I’m feeling so resistant.
- Start Suzanne Collins’s Mockingjay: Started and finished. Just as with The Hunger Games, I found myself devouring the book almost against my will. Discussion of the book’s message coming soon.
Although it wasn’t on the list of goals for the last two weeks, I also reorganized the Blog Menu to reflect the changes in my blogging schedule. It’s really nice to cross something extra off the list.
I’m also pleased to report that my novella is coming along well. I’m feeling motivated to keep writing almost everyday. And it’s entirely likely that keeping up the almost daily writing is what’s making me motivated. One of those delicious circles (or a “fish circle” as my kiddos would say *shakes head*…don’t ask me what it means), I guess. Wherever it’s coming from, I’m going to keep at it.
Where I’m heading over the next two weeks:
- Work MIP daily, with permission to give myself a day off if I really need it.
- Open the Scrivener file for the WIP.
- Get social media time up to speed.
- Start Michael J. Sullivan’s Theft of Swords.
How are your goals going? Are you conquering them or they giving you a run for your money?
Image Attribution (In Order of Appearance):
Lemur Boxing by Etrusia UK, on Flickr CC BY-NC-SA 2.0