Final Check In for ROW80 Round 1, 2012
The last check in. For this round anyway. I meant to be a little more introspective for this check in but…the best laid plans of mice and ROWers and all that.
Is it nap time yet?
At any rate, here’s how I did for the round:
- Write at least 3 scenes per week for MIP (planning to have a completed first draft by August 1, 2012): I didn’t hit this goal every week, but I did a fair enough job. August seemed so far away when I started this round but now it doesn’t seem far enough away. Must keep up hope though. As a wise person once said, we’re not running a race against anyone but ourselves.
- Continue to blog 2 days/week plus Wednesday ROW80 Check Ins and Life List Club Fridays: Have nailed this almost every week and I added a new posting day, the Friday Stumble.
- Have blog posts ready by the night before the posting day and schedule the posts to go live at 4:30 CA time: I did very well on this almost every week.
- Visit Twitter 2-3 times daily: Hit and miss with this one.
- Visit Facebook at least once a day/5 days per week: Hit and miss with this one too.
- Continue to take Sundays off with the family: Mostly. Only “cheated” two days.
- Set up a sidebar for the blog schedule: Done.
- Update Twitter Hashtag Hula page: Done.
- Read at least 2 fiction novels and 1 books on craft per month: last time my goal was to read 2 craft books per month but I want to be able to slow down a little and really absorb what I’m reading: I changed this goal during the round. Reading the craft books was putting me into editing mode instead of writing mode. And, over the last few weeks, I’ve struggled to keep up the reading goals too. I’m not sweating it though.
- Exercise 3 days per week (following Itty Bitty Baby Steps idea, will start with 5 minutes, then 10, 15, 20, etc until I’m working out 30-45 minutes each time): Have done reasonably well on this.
- Reorganize blog categories and post tags: I reorganized the categories but not the tags. I’ll carry the tags over to next round.
- Check in with Blogging to Build Brand class with Kristen Lamb daily and keep up with all assignments: Finished the class, came away with a lot of fantastic knowledge and an awesome new blogline.