ROW80 Check In 3/7/12
Spring is (kinda sorta almost mostly) here. The sun is shining. The birds are singing. And the ROWses are in full bloom. Just what those ROWses smell like remains to be seen…or smelled.
I’m getting a lot done these days but there’s so much to be done that it still seems like I’m barely keeping up. Oh well, adapt or die. Right?
I meant to reveal a new logline for the blog today but I’m still kicking around the possibilities. I finished a Blogging to Build Brand class with the fabulous Kristen Lamb, she of the wise-cracking social media kung fu. There was an awesome amount of information and Kristen offered us all fantastic suggestions for loglines based on our individual blogs, personalities and writing aims. I’ll have the whole logline business sorted out by next week.
By the way, if you haven’t had a class with her, go sign up now.
Right now. I’ll wait.
I’m also planning a new blogging day inspired by StumbleUpon finds. I’ll be rolling that out Friday the 16th, as this Friday is Life List Club Friday.
Now, onto the check in rigmarole…
Where I’ve been since last Wednesday:
- Spend 15-30 minutes minimum 3 days a week on MIP writing tasks (including outline, character profiles, research, story bible, and pages): Yep. I actually spent 4-5 days I think. No scenes written but lots of notes for back story and scenes outlined.
- Keep up with blogging schedule: I posted every posting day, but this week I haven’t been scheduling them ahead of time. I’m going to work on that because it made all the blogging flow so much smoother.
- Visit Twitter 1-2 times daily: *ahem* Mostly just once a day.
- Visit Facebook at least 6 times/week: Definitely haven’t been keeping up with Facebook. I’ll get back on track though.
- Continue to take Sundays off with the family: Yep!
- Exercise 3 days per week: I’m happy to say that I have been exercising. Go me! Now…I just have to commit to cutting out refined carbs.
- Continue to reorganize blog categories: Did not get to this last week.
Where I’m going:
- Keep up with MIP goals and exercise goals.
- Cut back at least 90% on refined carbs (bread & sugar).
- Check into social media networks twice daily.
- Keep Sundays off.
- Reorganize blog categories.
- Prepare new posting day.
- Select new logline for blog.
Bust out those digital pom-poms and do a cheer for some more ROW80 folk right over here.
How’s the ROW going for you so far? Smelling like roses or something more unmentionable?