Some time ago, I was
punished awarded with the Memetastic Blog Award. I crafted four lovely lies and one (un)remarkable truth to delight you. I am certain you all have been waiting on the edge of yours seats to discover just which is which. To spare you further agony of anticipation, I now reveal the whole truth and nothing but the truth (I’ve got my hand on my copy of Dune and everything):
- I have a really violent aversion to coconut. I mean it. Violent. It all stems back from a really bad Spring Break experience. I won’t go there. (This one is absolutely untrue…I love coconut, am just nutty about it…and am also probably just nutty.)
- I write Buffy/Angel fanfic prominently featuring Spike in my spare time. (This one is false…I mean, what spare time?)
- One of my earliest memories is of me going kung fu on a neighbor boy. He was about 6 and I was 3 or 4. He’d taken my ball and wouldn’t give it back. I felt pretty justified busting out the cool Bruce Lee moves I’d learned at the movies. He cried like a baby, folks had to pry me off him, and my parents never took me to another Bruce Lee movie again. (This one is…true. Yes, I was a strange little kid. And I’m still a little odd. Deal with it. 😀 )
- We have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 fish, 1 frog, 6 chickens and a duck. (This one is also plainly without truth. While we do have 3 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 fish, we do not have chickens or ducks…yet.)
- I cannot think straight without a clean house and I find house-cleaning very Zen. I often stay up until midnight dusting and straightening. (This one, while it might have seemed the most plausible is really the least truthful. Just ask my husband…no, on second thought, don’t do that. Here, let me just stuff that dirty sock under the couch. What were we talking about again?)
There, now you can rest easier at night knowing which statements were false and which was true.
What was that? You weren’t really spending sleepless nights trying to suss out the truth?
Well, fine. That’s just fine. (No, I’m not pouting. My lip just sticks out like that sometimes.) We’ll just move right on to the Blog Mash-Up. 😀
This week is the first installment of a weekly Blog Mash-Up. I’ve enjoyed mash-ups on other blogs and often found posts I’d missed or blogs that were completely new to me. I thought it would be fun to share posts that caught my eye over the previous week. So, each week, I’ll be gathering posts to share with you. Here goes the first Mash-Up:
- Anne-Mhairi Simpson at Tempering the Steel talked about the Fear of Success – After You’ve Been Successful.
- Haley Whitehall at Soldiering Through the Writing World talks about Sorting Through the Ashes to find your passion as a writer.
- You might want to watch out for meth-addled bears at terribleminds because Chuck Wendig’s site has been named one of the 101 Best Websites for Writers by Writer’s Digest.
- Juan Villagrana at These Immortal Words talks about the intense challenge of editing.
- The illustrious Holmes at Piper Bayard’s blog educates us on Who are the Libyan Rebels? Part I and Part II.
- Kristen Lamb
shamesencourages us to put our best face forward.
- Mike at Short Stories is on fire with the short fiction. Here’s just one of his offerings: Inside My Head
- Selena at Solitary Worlds talks about balance and growth.
- Marantha Jenelle shares The Dream Field with us.
So tell me, what’s inspired you over the last week?